So recently I was hanging around a bboy forum called r/bboy.
r/bboy falls under the “front page of the Internet”, also known as Reddit.
For those who don’t know, Reddit is organized into areas of interests, known as subreddits.
It’s kind of what The Bboy Spot and Bboyworld forums were before they fizzled out.
Anyway, as I was saying, I was bumming around the subreddit where a question caught my attention.
The topic went:
“What are some other ways you can think of on how to do the 6-step?”
I enjoy these type of questions.
Because these questions allow you to deconstruct and pry apart the particular move. And if you were to use some creativity, you can reconstruct it back again to create some ingenuous footwork.
So I decided to video down my own take of it.
By the way, these are rather basic variations of the 6-step.
Yet, they are relatively unused in today’s bboy world.
(You see how easy it is to be dope when you focus on what others don’t?)
In this video you’ll learn not just how to variate your 6 steps, but also pick up:
- A little-known trick to tweak your 6-step so you can be in control of where you’re facing (You’ll never have to worry about not facing your opponent in battles ever again!)
- How to utilize one more part of your body (that’s often neglected) to better execute your footwork
- How you can actually turn a full circle by just making a few simple adjustments to your 6-step (dynamism in breaking is not just powermoves!)
- How to take your footwork dynamism to the next level with what I call “level-changing”
- How footwork is not just limited to footwork (if you watch the video carefully, you’ll learn how to incorporate other elements of the dance!)